Forum OpenACS Development: OCT Meeting Notes May 2, 2007

Collapse
Posted by Dave Bauer on
In attendance, Lee and Dave.

Lee and I discussed some general ideas about making the request processor more flexible, by allowing dispatch of a URL to a tcl procedure instead of just finding a file in the filesystem. Lee is interested is writing a proposal to explore these ideas more.

Lee and I discussed moving to SVN, I noted the last time I tried to convert the existing CVS repository to SVN using the cvs2svn script, some history entries were invalid causing errors. If these few entries are cleanedup, it should be possible to convert to SVN retaining the CVS commit history.

Next I proposed having a "clean up bugtracker" release for the next OpenACS release. Right now the state of the bug-tracker is pretty much unusable for tracking the actual status of the toolkit bugs. A goal could be to meet the historically used release criteria which was "All priority 1/2 bugs marked Fix for Release X fixed". This means all bugs should be evaluated as "Fix for next release", "postponed", "fixed", or "won't fix, by design". To accomplish the goal volunteers will need to be organized. I hope the full OCT can discuss this at a future meeting.

Collapse
Posted by Don Baccus on
Sorry I missed the meeting, I forgot, ouch! My excuse is jetlag, of course, since I arrived home on Tuesday and only slept about three hours on the trip.