Forum OpenACS Q&A: Re: BBoard Vs Forums, i18n Vs SWS

Collapse
Posted by Don Baccus on
I deprecated bboard in the 4.6.2 tarball the old fashioned way - I took it out!

It would be great to have the forums package use the content repository.  Ben felt strongly that he didn't not want to use the content repository for forums and I didn't disagree with him, though I regret it now.  The main reason I didn't make it an issue was that I was trying my best to avoid making our already poor working relationship worse, not because I agreed technically.

But I do bear part of the responsibility as I did agree with Ben's decision to not use the content repository.

I don't think rewriting it to use the CR would be that difficult, nor would writing upgrade scripts be too burdensome.  In 4.6.2 I ripped out the special "fs_simple_objects" type that Open Force put into file-storage  to avoid using the content repository for URLs, and replaced it with the already existing non-versionable "external link" type in the CR.  The upgrade script wasn't that hard to write ...

Claran ... if you folks want to undertake this task for 5.0 I would be willing to help with advice, etc, but won't have time to do any significant coding on it in the near future.

Collapse
Posted by Christof Spitz on
Will there be categories in the Forums package?