Forum OpenACS Q&A: OpenACS at Linux World in San Francisco August 5-7, 2003

Hey ladies and gentleman,

I've reserved a booth in the .ORG Pavilion at Linux World in San Francisco. The dates are August 5-7, 2003.

Last year LW was a lot of fun. I screwed up and didn't get a booth at this winter's NYC LW, but remembered early enough to get a decent booth at this summer's expo.

Take a look here to see the floor plan. We are in booth 9. Last year we were in the back, outside of the main traffic. Seems we have better placement this year.

If people are interested in attending or helping to exhibit, that would be really great. If you're just interested in attending, I believe that we get a whole bunch of free one day passes.

talli

I'll try to help out, sounds like fun.
I just realized looking at the LW .ORG pavillion map that we are really close to the Open Source Development Lab.

For those unfamiliar with OSDL, it's a nonprofit in Oregon that does a lot of scalability and load testing on OSS, particularly Linux. Last year I chatted with the guys, though, and it seemed that they tested all sorts of OSS, not just Linux.

Don, do you know anyone there? I thought they were in Portland, but they seem to be in Beaverton.

Maybe we could get them to help with scalability and load testing of the OACS? At least to see how it works on fairly big iron.

talli

I met their first hire about two years ago, don't know if he's still there.

It would be fun to test on big iron, yes, but before doing that we'd need to write tests and test the tests on little iron to make it worthwhile.  So when there arises a group in the community who wants to write scalability tests using, say, tclwebtest to run 'em, maybe my populate package to populate the database (it would be nice if folks added new options to that package, if anyone wants to, e-mail me!) it will be worth talking about.

Talli,

I'll try to be there too.

/Bart

Hey guys,

As an update on Linux World, the good news is that there is one booth between us and MySQL's commercial booth. The bad news is that the booth between us and MySQL is Microsoft!

Don, can you bring your super soakers with you?

talli

Janine Sisk and I will be there. We will bring new .LRN marketing hype.
Is there going to be any kind of "formal" social for OACSers?  Or is the whole time at the booth one huge social?
I'm jealous... it sounds like fun!

anyone feel like flying me to San Fran? Hmm, I just about have enough frequent flyer points ;)

Thanks, Talli.

It seems that post I looked at was from last year (I always get fooled/foiled by search engines).

I intend to stop by the booth this year.

Regards..

Talli,

I am interested in Attending.

How do we obtain a free pass to Linux World?

Thanks,