Forum OpenACS Development: Re: 4.6.3 and beyond

Collapse
4: Re: 4.6.3 and beyond (response to 1)
Posted by Randy Ferrer on

Will the recommended PG version be 7.3.2 or are we still recommending 7.2.x for 4.6.3? I'll be happy to test 4.6.3 as well as 5.0 on PG - both versions if that's what is thought best. I will soon have an Oracle set-up but I won't have time to deal with that until late summer. I don't know if you guys coordinate testing or if everyone just tests however they feel best... I would prefer a coordinated effort in the interest of saving time for all involved and promoting better testing.

On another note - I'm almost through replacing calls to deprecated functions throughout the whole of ACS. Just haven't got around to submitting to bug tracker yet. Even though I've been testing my changes and I have an installation running with the changes, I want to do another round of tests to make sure everything is kosher. In any case, given that previous updates have not been committed yet, I imagine that there is no interest in these updates until 5.0 and until the CVS merges are complete. Is this right?