Forum OpenACS Development: Re: 4.6.3 and beyond

Collapse
5: Re: 4.6.3 and beyond (response to 1)
Posted by Don Baccus on
OpenMSG coordinated testing for 4.6 and 4.6.1.  Collaboraid coordinated testing for 4.6.2 and .LRN 1.0.  Neither are available at the moment.

We can loosely coordinate testing next week by divvying up packages amongst the half-dozen or so who've volunteered, but if it lies upon my shoulders to coordinate that it will be very loose indeed.  If someone wants to offer to manage testing a bit more closely that would be fantastic.

I don't look at testing 4.6.3 as being an effort to dig out bugs that have been lingering in the code undiscovered forever, I'm more interested to make certain that we've not broken things that currently work in 4.6.2 while fixing several issues that cropped up after 4.6.2 was released.

With 5.0 we want to become more rigorous.  What would *really* be wonderful with 5.0 would be to have a small but dedicated group of folks willing to work on some regression tests using the automated testing package and tclwebtest.  Joel's going to  try to write tests for one package as a test of the amount of effort and to help him understand how to write step-by-step documentation.  Regression testing would've caught the major "oops" that slipped through 4.6.2 testing, the breakage of form validation.