Forum OpenACS Q&A: OACS 4.6.3beta1

Collapse
Posted by Tom Mizukami on
I don't see Rocael's enhancements to Wimpy Point that I thought were going into 4.6.3.

When I try to enter a new ticket into workflow based ticket tracker I get the following error:

Database operation "0or1row" failed (exception NSDB, "Query was not a statement returning rows.")

ERROR:  Unable to locate type name 'number' in catalog

SQL: 
        select wf_ticket__new(
            '657',
            'test',
            'test',
            '1',
            '1',
	    null,	-- creation_date 
            '298',
            '127.0.0.1'
        );

while executing
"ns_pg_bind 0or1row nsdb0 {
        select wf_ticket__new(
            :ticket_id,
            :subject,
            :description,
            :severit..."
    ("uplevel" body line 1)
    invoked from within
"uplevel $ulevel [list ns_pg_bind $type $db $sql"
    invoked from within
"db_exec 0or1row $db $full_statement_name $sql"
    invoked from within
"if {[regexp -nocase -- {^\s*select} $test_sql match]} {
            ns_log Debug "PLPGSQL: bypassed anon function"
            set selection [db_exec ..."
    ("uplevel" body line 6)
    invoked from within
"uplevel 1 $code_block "
    invoked from within
"db_with_handle db {
        # plsql calls that are simple selects bypass the plpgsql 
        # mechanism for creating anonymous functions (OpenACS - ..."
    (procedure "db_exec_plsql" line 13)
    invoked from within
"db_exec_plsql new_ticket {
    begin
        :1 := wf_ticket.new(
            ticket_id => :ticket_id,
            subject => :subject,
            de..."
    invoked from within
"set ticket_id [db_exec_plsql new_ticket {
    begin
        :1 := wf_ticket.new(
            ticket_id => :ticket_id,
            subject => :subject,..."
    ("uplevel" body line 14)
    invoked from within
"uplevel {
    	  ad_page_contract {} {
    ticket_id:integer
    subject
    description
    severity:integer
    priority:integer
}
Do I need to manually setup workflow for ticket tracker? I don't see any interface to workflow and there is no documentation for workflow in the distribution.

Also in the sitemap I have a link to setup parameters for acs-workflow although I never installed acs-workflow, just workflow.

Is there a test server setup for 4.6.3beta1? Where or to whom should I post issues as I test 4.6.3? Thanks.

Collapse
3: Re: OACS 4.6.3beta1 (response to 1)
Sorry, workflow has package documentation, I meant ticket tracker.
Collapse
2: Re: OACS 4.6.3beta1 (response to 1)
Posted by Don Baccus on
Inform me and file a ticket ...

You should probably use the bug-tracker, that's what current development is focusing on.  It uses the new workflow rather than acs-workflow.

The reason why acs-workflow showed up by magic is the fact that the old workflow-based ticket tracker requires it, and acs-workflow declares itself as needing to be mounted.  The enhancements made to the RPM cause dependencies to automatically be satisfied rather than require you to manually  fill in the checkboxes yourself.

I've only left in wf-ticket-tracker for those who might've been using it in the past.  By OpenACS 5.0 I expect both ticket-tracker and wf-ticket-tracker to end up in our "unsupported" bin as bug-tracker is, as I mentioned above, our development focus.

I've committed a fix to the oacs-4-6 branch of the tree, whoa, you've found a bug that's been there since 4.5!  People haven't really worked with wf-ticket-tracker ...

The fix is easy if you don't want to update from CVS.  There are two variables in wf_ticket__new that are declared with type "number", an Oracle type that doesn't exist in PostgreSQL.  PG supports the standard "numeric" instead.  However, these are two object ids and as such we can use the much more efficient "integer" instead.  So change the type of those two vars to "integer" and you'll get past this error, at least.

But I recommend you look into bug-tracker ...

We've set OpenACS 5.0 as the release in which we want to triage the packages we've inherited from aD, which we've picked up from others, etc into "supported", "deprecated", "contrib" categories ... at least I'm hoping we'll find the time to do this for 5.0.  It's sorely needed.

Collapse
4: Re: OACS 4.6.3beta1 (response to 1)
Thanks Don. I guess I got confused with all of the names, I installed Lars's workflow then thought wf-... was the ticket tracker based on workflow. It should be renamed acs-wf-...

How about wimpy point, was it not ready to go into 4.6.3?

The new packages look really nice, thanks Lars and everybody else that contributed! I like the cleanup and enhancements made to the APM. The general cleanup over the past year+ has served the toolkit well. The installation documentation is also more ambitious and informative. Good job to all!

Collapse
5: Re: OACS 4.6.3beta1 (response to 1)
Posted by Don Baccus on
I thought the changes to wimpy point went in, need to investigate with Rocael.  It may be he decided to put them in HEAD instead.
Collapse
6: Re: OACS 4.6.3beta1 (response to 1)
Posted by Rocael Hernández Rizzardini on
There was a small confusion on who was going to merge the WP changes to 4.6.x, I'll do it, so they will be available for 4.6.3-beta2 when its ready. Also, I'll merge the i18n version on HEAD.
Collapse
7: Re: OACS 4.6.3beta1 (response to 1)
Posted by Rocael Hernández Rizzardini on
WP is now commited, you should be able to get it from the oacs-4-6 branch or from the 4.6.3beta2