Forum OpenACS Q&A: Re: OACS 4.6.3beta1

Collapse
2: Re: OACS 4.6.3beta1 (response to 1)
Posted by Don Baccus on
Inform me and file a ticket ...

You should probably use the bug-tracker, that's what current development is focusing on.  It uses the new workflow rather than acs-workflow.

The reason why acs-workflow showed up by magic is the fact that the old workflow-based ticket tracker requires it, and acs-workflow declares itself as needing to be mounted.  The enhancements made to the RPM cause dependencies to automatically be satisfied rather than require you to manually  fill in the checkboxes yourself.

I've only left in wf-ticket-tracker for those who might've been using it in the past.  By OpenACS 5.0 I expect both ticket-tracker and wf-ticket-tracker to end up in our "unsupported" bin as bug-tracker is, as I mentioned above, our development focus.

I've committed a fix to the oacs-4-6 branch of the tree, whoa, you've found a bug that's been there since 4.5!  People haven't really worked with wf-ticket-tracker ...

The fix is easy if you don't want to update from CVS.  There are two variables in wf_ticket__new that are declared with type "number", an Oracle type that doesn't exist in PostgreSQL.  PG supports the standard "numeric" instead.  However, these are two object ids and as such we can use the much more efficient "integer" instead.  So change the type of those two vars to "integer" and you'll get past this error, at least.

But I recommend you look into bug-tracker ...

We've set OpenACS 5.0 as the release in which we want to triage the packages we've inherited from aD, which we've picked up from others, etc into "supported", "deprecated", "contrib" categories ... at least I'm hoping we'll find the time to do this for 5.0.  It's sorely needed.