Forum OpenACS Development: Re: Is it time for NaviServ Again?

Collapse
Posted by Don Baccus on
Ah, well, looks like I'm about to be banned from the AOLserver mailing list. NaviServ's starting to look attractive after all :)
Collapse
Posted by Carl Robert Blesius on
You are the master of flames Don (and have a sailors tongue to boot).

If we did decide to move to Naviserver at least all the ns_* commands would start to make sense again. After that we could think about rebranding OpenACS. ;)

Collapse
Posted by Titi Ala'ilima on
Yeah, but then how would we explain all the "ad_*" commands?
Collapse
Posted by Don Baccus on
You are the master of flames Don (and have a sailors tongue to boot).
Read on, Carl. Apparently Nathan's swallowed a nice dose of Shut The Fuck Up and Dossy and I are having a constructive discussion.
Collapse
Posted by Tom Jackson on
Somehow I thought that I was the one put on probation, Don is playing Mr. Nice Guy.

Anyway, another update about the state of the code and a possible solution.

Although the ns_pool C code is messed up and creates server wide threadpools (crossing virtual server boundaries), this is easily fixed. A few internal C APIs need changing along with a struct for the Pool, which needs an additional pointer to the virtual server. I'm not a C guru, but with a little direction I think I could get the configuration from 4.0.10 to work in 4.5. The Tcl API probably doesn't need change to existing commands, although a few query subcommands would be helpful.

Collapse
Posted by Don Baccus on
Somehow I thought that I was the one put on probation, Don is playing Mr. Nice Guy.
You know, I almost posted to the list commenting on how I was being Good Cop, you were being Bad Cop, so why I was being banned?

Oh, yes, I "swore" by suggesting Dossy say "I fucked up", which as it turned out didn't offend Dossy at all ...

Harumph.