Forum .LRN Q&A: Re: Improving Language Style and Usability

Collapse
Posted by Joel Aufrecht on
Please file these as bugs.  It may make sense to put a lot of related items, such as all link/title mismatches, into one bug, instead of opening fifty bugs.  These are Priority 3/Severity 4 bugs.
Collapse
Posted by Anja Wicht on
Following the advice in the posting above, I have created a list containing the bugs I came across during the translation process. I have posted part of that list as one bug in ACS Lang (https://openacs.org/bugtracker/openacs/com/acs-lang/bug?bug%5fnumber=1350).

In order keep the work load within certain limits, I have focused only on those obvious cases where message keys and/or green circles are missing or not properly linked and where messages can therefore not be translated.

I think it is obvious that as long as the program surface contains a mix of messages in different languages it will make a chaotic impression on the user even at first sight. That's why in my opinion it is a basic necessity to solve these bugs before the German version of the program is made accessible to the public. I would appreciate it a lot if someone took the time to do this, even if it is maybe not a very exciting job.