Forum OpenACS Q&A: Upgrade problems

Collapse
Posted by Caroline Meeks on
I'm trying to upgrade a site from 4.6.6 to 5.0.2 and I've run into a problem.

When I run kernel upgrade-5.0d2-5.0d3.sql, which should create acs-authorities I get the following error:

~/openacs-4/packages/acs-kernel/sql/postgresql/upgrade$ psql -f upgrade-5.0d2-5.0d3.sql
psql:upgrade-5.0d2-5.0d3.sql:56: NOTICE:  CREATE TABLE / PRIMARY KEY will create implicit index 'auth_authoriti\
es_pk' for table 'auth_authorities'
psql:upgrade-5.0d2-5.0d3.sql:56: NOTICE:  CREATE TABLE / UNIQUE will create implicit index 'auth_authority_shor\
t_name_un' for table 'auth_authorities'
psql:upgrade-5.0d2-5.0d3.sql:56: NOTICE:  CREATE TABLE will create implicit trigger(s) for FOREIGN KEY check(s)
psql:upgrade-5.0d2-5.0d3.sql:56: ERROR:  UNIQUE constraint matching given keys for referenced table "acs_object\
s" not found
psql:upgrade-5.0d2-5.0d3.sql:61: ERROR:  Relation "auth_authorities" does not exist

After that things continue to not work since auth_authorties is not created.

Does anyone recognize the error or have any suggestions on how to figure out if its something wrong with my system or a bug?

Thanks
Caroline

Collapse
2: Re: Upgrade problems (response to 1)
Posted by Joel Aufrecht on
5.0 can't completely bootstrap itself during install.  There are some intermediate steps you have to do.  Here is the current incarnation of the upgrade script for openacs.org:

http://angora.furfly.net:8000/upgrade.sh

In particular, you may need to run the stuff in zzz-postload.tcl.