Forum OpenACS Development: Tsearch2-driver search indexing for postgreql package added

I have added the extremely basic version of tsearch2-driver to CVS HEAD. This is an implementation of the FtsEngineDriver for the Search package for PostgreSQL.

See http://www.sai.msu.su/~megera/postgres/gist/tsearch/V2/

This driver only uses the tsearch2 feature of postgresql without the external parser of OpenFTS. This makes installation much easier. Only the tsearch2 feature from PostgreSQL contrib needs to be installed.

I will be working on this in the coming weeks adding more features, and making the search more robust. Right now it just barely indexes and returns search results.

Here is documentation I have so far (very little)

TSEARCH2 PostgreSQL FtsEngineDriver for OpenACS 5.x

Installing

You'll need PostgreSQL 7.3 or newer. The tsearch2 from contrib needs to be compiled. In addition tsearch2.sql needs to be loaded into your database. In addition be sure to mount the Search package somewhere. The indexer will not run is Search is not mounted.

Using

If you install tsearch2-driver and mount search, go ahead and add some content. Weblogger or edit-this-page will generate indexed cotent. I had to manually load lars-blogger-sc-create.sql to get Weblogger to register the service contract implementation to index the content. After that it worked fine.

Features

This version includes only the most basic features to prove that tsearch2 can be used for indexing. There are many configuration options that will be avaialble as parameters in the future. It is also clear that the current service contract definitions are not flexible enough to work well with every possible search driver, so some features may not be available until after the search package is also updated. Dave
Hi,

I have a question.

I have installed postgre database and tsearch2 extension.

I am using OpenACS.

I have a database called webjima and I already successfully did

psql webjima < tsearch2.sql

How do I tell OpenACS to use tsearch2 ?

Thanks in advance,

jima

Jima,

You already did the hard stuff 😊

Take a look at this section in openacs docs

https://openacs.org/doc/openacs-5-1/install-full-text-search-tsearch2.html#install-fts-engine

Seems all you have to do is mount a search package instance and configure FtsEngineDriver parameter.

Regards,

\Orzenil