Forum .LRN Q&A: .LRN 2.1.0b1 tagged and tarball

Collapse
Posted by Tracy Adams on
  1. The .LRN 2.1.0 beta 1 release is a tagged dotlrn-2-1-0b1
  2. It is also in the download area as a tarball
Please try it out.

If there are problems:

• Enter a ticket in the ticket tracker (don't post them here)
  • Fix them if you can
  • If you can't fix them AND they are critical for the release, send me an email with their ticket numbers
When you have tried the release, including an upgrade (if applicable), send me and email and let me know. When we get to 5 installations and a major upgrade on each database and no critical bugs, we can move to the release candidate.
Collapse
Posted by Rocael Hernández Rizzardini on
great Tracy!

btw, is important to mention that we do not accept more *features* to the oacs-5-1 branch (all the packages related to  the acs-core & dotlrn-all aliases), since we are in bug-fixing stage, we hope to move soon to rc1 and then allow further functionality development on oacs-5-1 if its the case.

Collapse
Posted by Martin Magerl on
Thanks, Tracy!

We have upgraded our test-server from 2.0.3 to dotLRN 2.1 and will spend next days on testing.

For all people using external authentification (auth-pam):
This package is not contained in dotLRN-tarball.
Because of a change in a function call in "acs-authentication", you will have to upgrade "auth-pam"-package, too.
You can check out latest version by changing into package dir and typing:
cvs -d:pserver:mailto:anonymous@openacs.org:/cvsroot co auth-pam
(-d:... for tarball-users)

If you have forgotten to do this before starting upgrade and you can't login: just checkout as mentioned above and reboot your server.

Collapse
Posted by Perry Hewitt on
Where's the best place to look for a list of what's new in this release? Many thanks, Perry
Collapse
Posted by Rocael Hernández Rizzardini on
Perry,
this might help:
https://openacs.org/forums/message-view?message_id=176321

though I think Tracy can post specific details...