Forum OpenACS Development: Re: invalid command name "acs_mail_lite::load_mails"

Collapse
Posted by Frank Bergmann on
Hi Iuri,

This happens when you try to run ]project-open[ on OpenACS 5.4 or higher. We get the same messages, they are no problem.

However, running this combination will give you a lot of issues with little support for them...

Cheers!
Frank

Collapse
Posted by Gustaf Neumann on
Frank wrote:
We get the same messages, they are no problem.
Well, whatever "no problem" means. Without load_mails, one is not able to process incoming mails. If you don't use it, it is no problem. We don't use incoming-mail processing, but we don't see the message neither.

However, if there is a problem in oacs-5-4, it should be fixed. The error message (undefined proc, which is defined in incoming-mail-procs) looks to me like a symptom of something (cause) which went wrong earlier during loading.

Does the package loading at server startup work for you without errors? The incoming-mail-procs issue the following package require commands.

package require mime 1.4
package require smtp 1.4
package require base64 2.3.1

Can it be that some of those are missing in your installation?

Collapse
Posted by Iuri Sampaio on
Well, to frank i say that the best ideal scenario in my perspective is a system with no errors logged. :)

Gustaf,
i followed your thoughts and you were correct there are some errors loading up acs-mail-lite.
Was that intuition or should I say experience?

Emma had a similar error three years ago
https://openacs.org/forums/message-view?message_id=478240

I installed tcllib1.11.1 and restarted aolserver. The error's still there. I was expecting aolserver to recognize new versions.

any thoughts ahead?

[21/Feb/2009:10:28:15][31730.3083073760][-main-] Notice: Loaded packages/acs-mail-lite/tcl/acs-mail-lite-callback-procs.tcl.
[21/Feb/2009:10:28:15][31730.3083073760][-main-] Notice: Loading packages/acs-mail-lite/tcl/acs-mail-lite-procs.tcl...
[21/Feb/2009:10:28:15][31730.3083073760][-main-] Notice: Loaded packages/acs-mail-lite/tcl/acs-mail-lite-procs.tcl.
[21/Feb/2009:10:28:15][31730.3083073760][-main-] Notice: Loading packages/acs-mail-lite/tcl/incoming-mail-procs.tcl...
[21/Feb/2009:10:28:15][31730.3083073760][-main-] Error: Error sourcing /web/projop/packages/acs-mail-lite/tcl/incoming-mail-procs.tcl:
version conflict for package "mime": have 1.3.3, need 1.4
while executing
"package require mime 1.4"
(file "/web/projop/packages/acs-mail-lite/tcl/incoming-mail-procs.tcl" line 11)
invoked from within
"source $__file "
[21/Feb/2009:10:28:15][31730.3083073760][-main-] Notice: Loaded packages/acs-mail-lite/tcl/incoming-mail-procs.tcl.
[21/Feb/2009:10:28:15][31730.3083073760][-main-] Notice: Loading packages/acs-messaging/tcl/acs-messaging-procs.tcl...
[21/Feb/2009:10:28:15][31730.3083073760][-main-] Notice: Loaded packages/acs-messaging/tcl/acs-messaging-procs.tcl.

Collapse
Posted by Gustaf Neumann on
Rule #1: There is no magic. When someone sources a file containing a proc and this proc does not exist later, then either someone deleted it or loading the file went wrong. This has not much to do with intuition or experience.

Concerning the error message. My distance diagnosis guess is that you have installed tcllib at a place, which is not included in the load-path of tcl (within aolserver) and that you have a version of openacs installed which is older than 1.5 years.

Why do i think so?
There was a file acs-tcl/tcl/mime-procs.tcl in OpenACS, which was removed 1.5 years ago. This file started with the lines:

if {[catch {package require mime}]} {
 	package require Tcl 8.3
 	package provide mime 1.3.3

How do i find out, what the package-path is?
Go to developer shell (ds/shell) and type there
set ::auto_path

Hope this helps.
-gustaf neumann

Collapse
Posted by Iuri Sampaio on
BINGO!

I followed your thoughts again and you were correct on your diagnose. This box i have is running PO, which explains the old source.

what comes to the necessity of upgrading it.

The upgrading process was successful to the HEAD version of acs-core 5.5. As I expected however, when i try to ugrade pkg acs-tcl...,
once i restart aolserver it gets a bunch of errors of "API non-exists" such as subsite APIs and etc.

The bottom line is we figure out the issue. thanks!
Although i will need to handle another consequent new errors that showed up.

it helped!