Forum OpenACS Q&A: Where is the OpenACS 4 config file, is there an OpenACS 4 sample AOLserver config file?

I am trying to get OpenACS 4 up and running and am using the nsd.txt
sample AOLServer config file found in the documentation. I changed
port number, server name and database user and password as I usually
do (as I used to do when I last was working with ACS TCL
about  a year ago...). However at the end of the sample config file
there is the line

source /web/${server}/parameters/${server}.tcl

To my utter confusion there is no longer a parameters directory in the
ACS tree.

If someone could provide me with some hints about how to proceed
or even supply a sample AOLServer config file for OpenACS 4 this would
be much appreciated. Thanks!

The nsd.txt you are using is for OpenACS 3.x... Try this one instead, together with Vinods Guide.
Thanks Ola!
That sample OpenACS 4 config file was very helpful indeed! With that problem out of the way I stumbled across the missing nscache, nssha1 etc. modules and I had a hard time finding these. Eventually I installed the AOLserver 3.2-ad12 RPM and was able to start the installation. The installation of OpenACS-4 (4.2.0b2) failed with the error message:

[24/Feb/2002:17:02:23][2875.3076][-conn0-] Error: Error sourcing /web/peter/packages/acs-bootstrap-installer/installer/install-data-model.tcl:
psql:postgresql.sql:538: ERROR:  No such attribute or function 'oid'
psql:acs-create.sql:312: ERROR:  Cannot insert a duplicate key into unique index group_rels_group_rel_id_pk

invoked from within
"db_source_sql_file -callback apm_ns_write_callback "acs-kernel-create.sql""
    (file "/web/peter/packages/acs-bootstrap-installer/installer/install-data-model.tcl" line 31)
    invoked from within
"source $__file "

I then checked out the latest sources from CVS and the installation ran through nicely. Now I feel both nostalgic and excited to have the cool ACS 4 TCL toolkit at my fingertips again!

In the readme.txt file it says:

For installation instructions, please see
https://openacs.org/4/

However, I can't find those installation instructions (if they are indeed linked from that page they must be very well hidden). It wouldn't be too much work to write up a paragraph or two about installation or to link to the installation instructions that are already out there.

The upcoming beta release has much more complete installation stuff bundled in (build on Vinod's install guide).  We'll want to link to an online version, too.

What would be great would be for you and others not personally involved in building these release to go through an install of the beta when we roll it, and point out missing online and bundled docs that are referenced, etc, so we can be sure to get things straightened out.  The folks hacking the docs and (in my case) rolling the tarball have very limited time available so it's hard for us to cover all the bases.

Don, I would be glad to help out with testing your upcoming Beta version. Thanks for paying attention to this issue!