Forum OpenACS Development: wimpy point 5.2.x (latest avail apparently) on openacs-5.5 crash

Hi...

So I want to get wimpy working under 5.5 but it's crashing in the template for add-edit-slide in the midst of producing the form identified by id="f".

The error I get is from tcl,

no such element 'elements(sec_fieldset)'
and I'm not seeing anywhere in the code that refers to that. In fact, it looks like elements is not an array but a list, since on line 119 of add-edit-slide.tcl has
set elements [list]
and later on line 138
lappend elements [list $element]
so I'm guessing the 'elements' the error msg is talking about is in a different stack frame than the one that's visible in the code.

I'm searching in the code for sec_fieldset and I see one on line 3 of acs-templating/resources/forms/standard.adp,

<fieldset id="@elements.form_id@:@elements.section@" @elements.sec_fieldset;noquot
e@>!-- section fieldset --
so elements is supposed to be a multiple. I'm expecting to find this 'elements' created inside ad_form; I'm still investigating.

this xowiki + s5 looks interesting... I'll look at it soon. Right now, I'm not prepared to deal with xotcl; I would want to know the language and have some experience with it before putting it on a production server. Additionally, wp offers me some things I still want (public/private presentations, permissions to edit/view).

I'm about to thank Emma for pointing me at the solution to the wp add-slide thing; it's fixed now.

-Jim

Hi Jim,

ad_form, form builder and template have been modified (last years?) to make it WCAG compliant. The changes affect form sections declaration more especially.

You can see the details at the wiki https://openacs.org/xowiki/dotlrn-zen-standards#formbuilder and https://openacs.org/xowiki/Web_Forms

Hey there Emma...

Thanks a lot, I was able to get the page working in about 10 mins.

I'd like to suggest the error message was somewhat obscure, and I only bring that up because I think it can easily be improved:

ad_form checks normal elements for the presence of {section ...} attributes,

If found, write out an error message which is basically your message to me, including the link that explains the situation.

-Jim