Forum .LRN Q&A: Re: dotLRN gradebook

Collapse
16: Re: dotLRN gradebook (response to 1)
Posted by Jose Pablo Escobedo Del Cid on
Al,

First of all, I also want to thank you for patience and I'm sorry I gave you wrong solutions.

Anyway, I think I finally found the right one.

First, I tried downloading the tarball, then the evaluation packages and everything worked fine. But I wanted it to fail =) so I read the documentation and it has the link to the dotlrn2.1.1 and I did the test with the dotlrn2.2.0a1... so I downloaded it and I made it crash =) and these are the steps I followed to get it work fine:

1. Download the tarbal 2.1.1 (the same with 2.1.3)
2. go to the packages dir and download the evaluation packages via CVS (do it again, or at least update the code because I had to change the requirement in the evaluaiton.info file for the calendar package)
3. go to the packages/acs-content-repository/tcl and apply this patch: http://bach.gast.it.uc3m.es/~jopez/oacs/content-repository.patch (it's only one line...)
4. start the service and install .LRN
5. go to the acs-admin/apm page and install the evaluation applet (choose install from local and then the service type)
6. create a class (first the term, then the department, then the subject and finally the class)
7. add the evaluation applet from the class's control panel
8. voila! it should work

If you don't want to reinstall everything, just update the evauation code, apply the patch, uninstall the evaluation pagkage and continue with step 5, but since you already did it may be it's better to do it again and avoid other errors.

Please try it and tell me if it works, and if it doesn't, may be it's better if you contact me offline and when it works we can post the final solution.

kind regards,

jopez