Forum OpenACS Development: Error to install kernel 5.9.0d6

Collapse
Posted by Vlad V on
Hello all,

I've got error when I tried to install kernel 5.9.0d6 (from 5.9.0d4).
--- begin ---

... skip some messages
[28/Jul/2015:23:43:17][2176.b2aecb40][-conn:oacs-HEAD:1-] Notice: - Loading data model /var/www/oacs
-HEAD/packages/acs-kernel/sql/postgresql/upgrade/upgrade-5.9.0d4-5.9.0d5.sql...
[28/Jul/2015:23:43:18][2176.b2aecb40][-conn:oacs-HEAD:1-] Error: apm_package_install: Error installing Kernel version 5.9.0d6: DETAIL: drop cascades to view content_includelet_revisionsi
PL/pgSQL function content_type__refresh_view(character varying) line 95 at PERFORM
psql:/var/www/oacs-HEAD/packages/acs-kernel/sql/postgresql/upgrade/upgrade-5.9.0d4-5.9.0d5.sql:136: ERROR: relation "journal_issue" does not exist
LINE 16: ...ons.* from acs_objects, cr_revisions cr, cr_text, journal_is...

--- end ---

By request I can give more information.

Collapse
Posted by Gustaf Neumann on
The errors seem to come from the package "edit-this-page", that does not belong to the 78 packages i am trying to maintain (these currently in the oacs-5-8 branch, released together with OpenACS 5.8.1, see https://openacs.org/Announce-OpenACS-5.8.1).

however, i will try to figure out the next day, what happened there....

Collapse
the problem should be fixed by now: edit-this-page created object_types referring to non-existing table_names with non-existing id_columns.

Please upgrade first edit-this-page to the newest version, then run the updated upgrade script for acs-kernel again (which i made more robust to handle against partial upgrades).

-g

Collapse
i just saw, that yesterday's commit the upgrade script for edit-this-page. If you have upgraded already to the new edit-this-page version, please run the statement from the update script manually in psql before running the kernel upgrade.
Collapse
Posted by Vlad V on
My sequence:
1. By cvs update local package edit-this-page to version 1.9d3 (cvs up)
2. From acs-admin/install/ choose "Install or upgrade from local file system." (web interface)
3. Check upgrade for Edit-this-page -> Next. Got message that "... Done installing packages."
4. Do sql request "SELECT * FROM acs_object_types WHERE object_type in ('journal_issue', 'journal_article', 'news_item');" -> got 3 record from table.
5. Restart server
6. Check upgrade for ACS Kernel 5.9.0d6 -> Next. Got message that "... Done installing packages."
7. Restart server
8. Done.

Gustaf - thanks a lot for help.

Collapse
Glad, that the fix was quite simple, and it helped.