Forum OpenACS Development: New version of XinHA (release)

Collapse
Posted by Malte Sussdorff on
There is a released version of XinHA now available according to http://xinha.python-hosting.com/wiki
Collapse
Posted by Gustaf Neumann on
i will do my usual testing suite and commit to CVS head, if it passes. There were a couple of surprises with a few newer versions in the past, so i was reluctant to upgrade in CVS...
Collapse
The current version of xinha (0.91+) passes all my tests. It is now committed to CVS head. Note the following changes:
  • The name of the main .js file changed from htmlarea to XinhaCore.js. So it was necessary to update openacs4/www/blank-master.adp in CVS head as well. If one updates acs-templating, please don't forget blank master.

• Xinha has several new modules:
    • DefintionList (support for building definition lists)
    • ExtendedFileManager (full featured file manager, needs currently php)
    • HtmlEntities (mapping between utf-8 and html entities)
    • SaveSubmit (submiting the Xinha form using asynchronous
      postback for sending the data to the server)
    • SetId (set ID and name for HTML elements)
    • SmartReplace (replacing quote characters into opening and closing quotes while typing)

The new version of xinha contains a year of work of the development team compared to the last version we had in CVS, and therefore many improvements in terms of speed, functionality and code quality. However, does not look like safari or opera support will make it into the 1.0 version of Xinha

Collapse
Posted by Rocael Hernández Rizzardini on
Hey, thanks Gustaf.
Collapse
Some more tests revealed, that the new version is of xinha is not ready for primetime. While some functions within the editor have improved, it appears that there is somewhere a significant caching bug which shows up when editing several pages in a row with firefox.

So, there is no rush to switch to the CVS head version of acs-templating.

Collapse
OpenACS head contains 0.92 beta of xinha. at least in combination of firefox 2.0.0.2 and this version, this version seems stable.