Forum OpenACS Development: Re: New version of Xinha (release)
- The name of the main .js file changed from htmlarea to XinhaCore.js. So it was necessary to update openacs4/www/blank-master.adp in CVS head as well. If one updates acs-templating, please don't forget blank master.
- Xinha has several new modules:
- DefintionList (support for building definition lists)
- ExtendedFileManager (full featured file manager, needs currently php)
- HtmlEntities (mapping between utf-8 and html entities)
- SaveSubmit (submiting the Xinha form using asynchronous
postback for sending the data to the server)
- SetId (set ID and name for HTML elements)
- SmartReplace (replacing quote characters into opening and closing quotes while typing)
The new version of xinha contains a year of work of the development team compared to the last version we had in CVS, and therefore many improvements in terms of speed, functionality and code quality. However, does not look like safari or opera support will make it into the 1.0 verison of Xinha
So, there is no rush to switch to the cvs head version of acs-templating.