Forum OpenACS Development: Re: Fixing subsite redirection -- Your Workspace -> Your Account and out of context bar

While we're looking at the context bar.

Just want to give you all a heads-up that I'll be advocating renaming "Your Workspace" to "Your Account" and move links to it out of the context bar, just like I've done at http://www.collaboraid.biz/.

It's a really trivial fix, it just requires deleting 3 lines from ad_context_bar, and making a small addition to default-master.

Technically it's independent of this change, but given Frank's item 3 above, I figured I'd mention it here, anyway.

/Lars

Lars: Yes!

If you mean to do that for the toolkit in general, please go ahead. It is only confusing and makes the context bar wider than necessary.

I like the style of openacs.org better where the link to your account is your own name, but that's up to the individual implementor. Should we add an includable template (like the one from openacs.org) with the login information in the toolkit?

Yeah, I vote yes too.  I always thought that given that it swaped around with the Main Site depending on
context meant we had gotten it wrong.
Lars,

We would really prefer "Your Profile" (or "My Profile").  In the context of our applications "Your Account" doesn't really fit what we are doing.  So that makes me wonder, should this be a configurable parameter then?