Forum .LRN Q&A: Re: General Comments and ZEN

Collapse
Posted by Dave Bauer on
Malte,

Start with the old improved general comments code
http://cvs.openacs.org/cvs/openacs-4/contrib/packages/general-comments/

I recommend NOT using the attachments package. I would suggest the new attach-image code under acs-templating/www/scripts/xinha. This would require using the richtext area though. I need to finish up a way to allow the uploads to work if javascript is turned off but I think the code in general is much simpler than attachments.

Collapse
Posted by Malte Sussdorff on
Thanks for the notice about contrib. I would never have looked there 😊.

As for attachments, no intention to use it. I would just provide an "file upload" widget and store the file in the CR with the comment_id as the parent_id. Download would be handled through the content-repository as will delete (though I would have to write that page).

Talking about content-repository. Has anyone successfully used /acs-content-repository/index.vuh for retrieving content files? Looking at it there seems to be a certain lack of functionality available e.g. at file-storage/www/download/index.vuh. But we should have a general method, instead of file-storage download, general comments download, contacts download (you get the picture).

Collapse
Posted by Dave Bauer on
Malte,

acs-subsite/www/image.vuh and acs-subsite/www/file.vuh should do what you want.

Take a look at the attach-file and attach-image code. It already can "attach" an uploaded file to any object and should do what you want. Its exactly what I planned to do with general comments, but never had time or need to finish it.