On the Top of the page display the title and description along with the display type for information purposes. Below this put links to the following pages.
The section edit page contains the following Items:
- Title: Title of the section
- Description: text used for identification and selection in admin pages, not for end-user pages
- Instructions: text displayed on user pages describing the user how to fill out the section.
Display Type: section
display type to use. Select box of display types in use by this
user, as well as "new display type" and "display
type from catalogue".
- Seconds allowed for completion: integer. Seconds allowed for completing the section.
- Feedback Text: textarea. Feedback given to the user after finishing the section.
Number of questions: Number of questions that will be
displayed in this section. Only useful if we
randomize. If the number of questions added to this
section is higher than number of questions to display then we
randomly pick from the questions, but definitely add the mandatory
- Display of the Pre Display Checks (with an edit and a remove link).
- Add new Pre Display Check.
- Add new Post Display
- Use one or all conditions: boolean. Is it mandatory that all conditions have been met or is one condition enough (for not displaying this section)
by question. This kind of branch depends on previous answers. A
table of all multiple choice / boolean questions will be given to
the creator along with their possible answers.
- Each question has a checkbox to determine if this question shall be included in this branch condition and a radio button, if all answers or just one have to be given (e.g. if we have multiple correct answers, we might want to branch into this section all answers have been selected by the respondee or just one).
- The answers have checkboxes, with the correct answers checked by default for multiple choice question. All other questions will only be displayed if they give a percentage value to the answer. In this case a textfield is given with the possibility to give a range (10-100) or separate percentages (10, 100, 200).
- The display of this section depends on whether the valid answers have been given to all or just one of the questions that have been checked (as you might have guessed, we need a radio button for this below the table).
by result. Instead of relying on one or multiple answers we check
for a result in a previous section. This can only work in a test
environment (so don't display this option if we are not dealing
with a test).
- Section: select. This will display a list of all previous sections. The selected section will be used for the computation.
- Calculation: select (median, distractor, absolute number of points). What shall be computed to determine whether the user is allowed to see this section.
- From / To value: integer. Two fields to display the valid range for which this section will be displayed to the user.
- It is imagineable that a combination of both methods makes sense, so we should take this into account when creating the UI.
Below this information we have a paragraph where all questions are displayed with the options to
- Edit question
- Search and add question(s) from question database: Link to the search page which allows one to search for questions that can be added to this section (multiple add possibility).
- Add question: Link to the question catalogue entry form with a return_url that adds the question from the catalogue to this section and return to the section page.
- Change order of questions (arrow navigation) Title of the question Link to edit question properties with regards to this section
- Points: integer. Number of Points this question is worth in
- Mandatory: boolean (yes/no). Is this question mandatory in this section. It will be displayed in any case, regardless of randomizing.
- Fixed Position: select (1,2..., buttom). Position the question has to be displayed, regardless of randomizing.