Forum OpenACS Q&A: Code Metrics Complete

Collapse
Posted by Dave Bauer on
Vinod Kurup hasvolunteered to develop 3 includable adps for XoWiki to provide package information.

1) .info file summary
2) bugtracker status
3) code metrics

You can see it in action https://openacs.org/xowiki/acs-content-repository?

These 3 includes need to be added to all package pages.

Like this:

{{adp /www/templates/info-file {package_key acs-content-repository}}}

{{adp /www/templates/bug-tracker {package_key acs-content-repository}}}

{{adp /www/templates/metrics {package_key acs-content-repository}}}

Where acs-content-repository is replaced by the correct package-key.

Thanks!

Collapse
2: Re: Code Metrics Complete (response to 1)
Posted by Vinod Kurup on
Thanks Dave,

Volunteer might not be the exact right word since I'm hoping to claim the bounty that Caroline offered 😊

The bug-tracker include might need to be edited in order to map the package_key to the proper bugtracker component name. The metrics ADP is crude - it counts all lines in a file, including blank ones and commented lines. I figured we can see how they work and then customize them as we find the data we want to track. I also haven't worked on the CVS metrics yet because I think that some of that functionality is already provided by Jeff's CVS log analyzer. Would it make sense to install that on openacs.org?

Collapse
3: Re: Code Metrics Complete (response to 1)
Posted by Dave Bauer on
Thanks for the update. Let's look at how the includes work when we get them updated on all the packages.

I think having the CVS log analyzer available on openacs.org would be great. We'll have to see if the code is available.

Collapse
Posted by Emmanuelle Raffenne on
Hi,

If I didn't miss any, I've added the 3 includes for packages that are listed at https://openacs.org/xowiki/dotlrn

Collapse
5: Re: Code Metrics Complete (response to 1)
Posted by Nima Mazloumi on
For some reason you cannot see anything in the internet explorer. Can someone confirm that?

Also I have some suggestions:

- left alignment and top valignment for each item of the adp includes
- Not displaying the language shortcut en: or other before each link to a wiki page (just for the readability)
- A more kind of css thing: the category tree on the left breaks long names which is ok but the next line should have more left margins in oder to start right after the dot
- Also what do you think if the children of each category are displayed right when you click on it. Maybe we could have a new wiki type for directories to should its children.

The wiki is really great.