Forum OpenACS Q&A: Globalisation of website

Collapse
Posted by VenuMadhav Deevi on
Hi,
  I want to make website to be comapatible with the languages all around the globe. That is if the user is a german person then once he choose his language from my site then the matter and the captions displayed on the controlls should also change from english to corresponding language here example german dynamically.
  Is there any mechanism with openACS 4.6.x system to do this automatically. If yes please give me explanation in a detailed way so that i can implement in my project.

Cheers

Venu Madhav Deevi.

Collapse
Posted by Venkatesh Goteti on
Collapse
Posted by Jarkko Laine on
Please note that i18n project is aimed at the 5.0 (former 4.7) release and is not (and won't be) a part of OpenACS 4.6. i18n currently gives package developers a relatively easy way to make the UI of their packages multilingual. It does not (yet), however help much in providing the actual content of the site in many languages.

Content Repository does support multiple versions of content and cr_revisions table has a locale column, so it does provide a good ground for multilingual content as well. The new CMS (work-in-progress) will AFAIK use this functionality and help in building international sites.