Forum OpenACS Q&A: Re: Internationalization

Collapse
4: Re: Internationalization (response to 1)
Posted by Jarkko Laine on
If you do a CVS checkout on Head, you'll get the acs-lang package. Then you'll still have to install it using the APM ("/acs-admin/apm" on your server), if it's not already installed.

I'm not totally sure what you're not able to accomplish: getting the acs-lang package installed or having some other package i18n:ized. Could you tell us exactly what you have done and where did you get into trouble?

Note that only packages that are used in dotLRN are generally internationalized (+lars-blogger afaik) so having acs-lang installed only gives you means to internationalize a package if it's not done yet. I think you should definitely start by reading the docs found in http://www.collaboraid.biz/extranet/i18n/ . Please remember that i18n is still a work-in-progress.

Collapse
5: Re: Internationalization (response to 4)
Posted by Vamshi Krishna Kaniganti on
hi jarkko laine

i have succesfully installed the package of acs-lang which came with the OpenACS4.6.2, i want to know how it works with the other packages, i have read the requirement documentaion and the desing documentaion, but not able to get the required out put like
this i have written in an foo.adp file how does my output come

<master>
<trn key=username_prompt>Please enter your username</tr>
<input type=text name=username>
<p>
<trn key=password_prompt>Enter Password:</trn>
<input type=password name=passwd>

what should i write an foo.fr.adp if i want to write and the remainnig things in the tcl file also.

if possible can u please give me simple example how does the globalization works,

it would be helpfull to me in understanding the concept.
thanks for ur reply
cheers
vamshi