Forum OpenACS CMS: Re: Learning from what others do well

Collapse
Posted by Mark Aufflick on
That's great. I was thinking content repository as well (just ask Lars how annoying it can be if I decide that a particular area of data really should be in the content repository ;)

Besides it gives you revisioning built in, although storing the entirity of every revision is pretty wasteful - midgard nicely stores rcs diffs of every revision (of course midgard stores binary data separately, but there is no reason why modern rcs's can't be used to store diffed blobs, especially with our base64 or whatever blob workaround, just side by side comparisons would be kind of useless...)

Hmm - as much as it seems like the right thing to do, count me out of re-implementing CR using rcs...

Russell Muetezelfeldt is working on some DAV stuff for OACS/nsd4 although with a very specific purpose to mount a read-only representation of a photo-store as an iDisk on a mac desktop. I will make sure I siphon interesting info out of him as it arises.

I just read your oscom blog - did you find out if there was any kind of comparison of the different implementations from the Zope, Miggard, and Apache Lenya workshops? I know the midgard/midcom version saw most users completed inside 3 hours - it would be interesting to compare time taken and user feedback.