Forum OpenACS Development: New permission-grant page

Collapse
Posted by Tilmann Singer on
I have written a new permission-grant page and uploaded a patch here:

https://openacs.org/bugtracker/openacs/com/acs-subsite/bug?bug_number=525

Part of it is a new widget called party_search, which works a bit like the user search in bug-tracker. Differences: it also searches in groups and relsegs, and it starts with a search field instead of a list, since there are no default parties to suggest. It might be extended later to be of more general use, e.g. by adding an option that tells it to only search in users or groups or relsegs, and another option to restrict results to members of a specific subsite, etc.

It would break the oracle version, because I don't have an oracle instance right now to test it on, so I guess I shouldn't commit it now ... can anyone help with the oracle part, at least by letting me test it on an oracle installation?

Side note: is there any reason why there is a table acs_privilege_hierarchy_index in postgresql, but not in oracle? As far as I can see the child relationships are maintained in the table acs_privilege_hierarchy which exists for both dbs anyway, but in postgresql they can be optionally sorted within the same level as well with the tree_sortkey of the otherwise totally redundant acs_privilege_hierarchy_index.