Forum OpenACS Development: Using HEAD for 5.0 (First 5.0 release management post :))

I'm starting to work on documentation again; I think this question applies to all post-4.6.3 work.  Should we all be working on HEAD?  My impression is that we should, and that when we get very close to 5.0 we'll create a 5.0 branch.  The 5.0 branch will be closed to new features and we'll just do fixes there, and new dev will be back on HEAD.  Is this a correct summary?  When (or what criteria would we use) do we branch 5.0?
Yes my thinking was that we'd work on HEAD until we get close then branch it as 5.0.

Lars is still adding stuff which will lead to a 4.6.4 but that's largely due to the fact that he's in the midst of some client-driven work that can't wait for 5.0 and that we'd like to see get out more quickly.

Other than that our effort should be on HEAD (and Lars will be switching to working on HEAD as soon as they're done with the current gig)

A first stab at 5.0 release criteria is up
Why are 5.0 release criterias appear under a 4.7 url stab?
Collapse
5: Re: Using HEAD for 5.0 (response to 4)
Posted by Joel Aufrecht on
It started as 4.7, and if we change the URL now we'll break some links.
Collapse
6: Re: Using HEAD for 5.0 (response to 5)
Posted by Tilmann Singer on
Moved here so that the URL looks consistent:: https://openacs.org/projects/openacs/5.0/ - and added a redirect so that old links still work. (kudos to DaveB and the irc channel).