Forum OpenACS Development: Crobjob Usage Question

Collapse
Posted by Dave Bauer on
Hi,

I am trying to schedule a job to run once a month. So I set the minute to 0, hour to 0, date to 1 and month to every month.  I am still left with the day of week field. What should I set this to? There is no null entry for any of these settings. That makes it extremely confusing to use the interface for me.

For example if I want a job to run every Saturday, I need to still pick a month, day, minute, hour, etc.

Collapse
2: Re: Crobjob Usage Question (response to 1)
Posted by Tom Jackson on

It is just like a cron entry in unix. You choose every day (*) for the fields you do not want to limit the schedule. If you want to run every Saturday, choose Saturday under the day of week, and * everything else, I think that is the first entry in every choice box.

Collapse
3: Re: Crobjob Usage Question (response to 1)
Posted by Dave Bauer on
Tom,

Hmmm, I guess maybe that is how the traditional cron jobs work, but it doesn't make any sense to me! :) If I choose every minute because I don't actually want to choose a minute at all, I would expect the job to run every minute. Same for hour, day, month, etc...

Collapse
4: Re: Crobjob Usage Question (response to 1)
Posted by Dave Bauer on
Actually, now I get it :) Looking at the query that checks to see if its time to run a job made it clearer :)