Forum OpenACS Development: Oracle 9i and ACS HEAD

Collapse
Posted by Barry Books on
I'm working on moving to acs5/AOL4/9i. I've got ACS Head as well as AOL4 beta 8 and the various modules compiled but I've run into the Oracle delete problem.

I'm thinking about writting a sh script to change all the deletes to rm. I think the tcl code as well as the Postgres code needs to change also. Since this involves so many files as well as modules not in core I think a conversion script will be best.

I've looked thru the threads about this and I don't see anything about a fix. Anybody else have any thoughts about this. I picked rm because it's fairly clear what it does and it's shorter than delete. On the Postgres side it could be a problem if the name is longer. I've also got the Postgres version installed and working so I can test both.

Collapse
2: Re: Oracle 9i and ACS HEAD (response to 1)
Posted by Michael Hinds on
Have you seen this thread? Hazi and Mohan have been working on the problem, so I certainly wouldn't repeat the work they've done. We've also been testing Hazi's scripts, but have run into problems getting the core packages to install, so more testers would certainly be appreciated!
Collapse
3: Re: Oracle 9i and ACS HEAD (response to 1)
Posted by Barry Books on
I did see that thread. Do you have any pointers to the scripts?
Collapse
4: Re: Oracle 9i and ACS HEAD (response to 1)
Posted by Hazi Gharagozlou on
Can you let me know where it breaks. On my version it installs correctly.

I will have a 9i version ready of the HEAD ready by 10th of July.

Collapse
5: Re: Oracle 9i and ACS HEAD (response to 1)
Posted by Michael Hinds on
Hazi,

We're getting this error when /packages/acs-content-repository-create.sql runs:

ORA-02291: integrity constraint (ENKE_KM.ACS_OBJECTS_CONTEXT_ID_FK) violated - • parent key not found • ORA-06512: at "ENKE_KM.ACS_OBJECT", line 68 • ORA-06512: at "ENKE_KM.CONTENT_ITEM", line 146 • ORA-06512: at "ENKE_KM.CONTENT_FOLDER", line 34 • ORA-06512: at line 5 • No errors.