Forum OpenACS Development: Re: Send me your home page

Collapse
2: Re: Send me your home page (response to 1)
Posted by Matthew Geddert on
i think we need to have a basic description of openacs on the home page for normal users, as we do now. it needs to explain what do do next to somebody that doesn't know anything about openacs and the current one does that reasonably well. Homepages will have very little in common with one another on a running site... just take a look at all the openacs sites:

https://openacs.org/community/sites/

they are all very different and these will give you all the examples you could need. i think ETP is the way to go. one thing that i always do is copy the code from that box that tells you what packages are installed (i.e. a small self-generating site map) and put that code on the primary admin page... but i think somebody else is already working on improving the admin pages... there are many people that will want things like news headings on their homepage (as my sites do)... but i think this shouldn't be standard because many people won't want it on their home page and/or may have many instances of news and a generic one won't work then...