Forum OpenACS Development: SCORM RTE

Collapse
Posted by Michele Slocovich on
I've committed java applet source code to lorsm/src on the 5-3 branch.

Tested code for SCORM RTE and some sequencinq (at least prerequisites in "AND") will follow on same branche as soon as i finish testing it with various content.

cheers

Michele

Collapse
2: Re: SCORM RTE (response to 1)
Posted by Nima Mazloumi on
I would like to install the latest working code. Shall I use what is on oacs-5-3 branch?
Collapse
3: Re: SCORM RTE (response to 2)
keep tuned: i'm doing diffs and i will soon commit, at least lorsm part. (i've got something on lors and something for lorsm-portlet, if it can be accepted).

In any case, yes, we had agreed on using the oacs-5-3 branch.

Btw do you know what should i do with version numbering ? shall i increase it for whatever datamodel change ? and how ? is there around any kind of guide ?

thanks

if you want to do some testing "privately" just msg me in #openacs i can send zipfiles to you.

Collapse
4: Re: SCORM RTE (response to 3)
Posted by Don Baccus on
If there's a datamodel change, yes, you need to increment the version number and we also need upgrade scripts.

What kind of datamodel changes are involved? If they can be expressed using SQL's ALTER TABLE syntax, it is generally easiest to write an APM upgrade callback in Tcl, because PG and Oracle both largely implement the SQL standard syntax for this command. Which means you only need to write your upgrade script once.

Collapse
6: Re: SCORM RTE (response to 4)
some are alter column, althought to be performed I think i'll have to perform a drop of some automatically created views and reregister the object classes creating them, but what do you mean by APM upgrade callback ? can you give me a pointer to an example ?
Collapse
5: Re: SCORM RTE (response to 2)
I've now committed most of the code updates to lorsm.

Considering the other changes minor as far as the funcionality is concerned, you can check out from oacs-5-3 branch and see what works and what doesn't.

M

Collapse
7: Re: SCORM RTE (response to 1)
Posted by Nima Mazloumi on
thank you. I will take a look at it.
Collapse
8: Re: SCORM RTE (response to 1)
I've now committed all the changes for lorsm, including the datamodel changes, but not YET the upgrade script.

Please check this thread for updates.

Collapse
9: Re: SCORM RTE (response to 1)
lorsm:

I've committed upgrade script and increased version to 0.8d2

michele