Forum .LRN Q&A: Re: dotlrn translation

Collapse
15: Re: dotlrn translation (response to 1)
Posted by Windell Dubois on
Well Jarkko, I was able to enter the page, and do the translation work, that was no problem at all. What I couldnt do was find the way to make the translations work on my implementation of dotLRN. That is exaclty what I need to know, because I couldnt find the "manage internationalization" link that Peter mentioned earlier...  I tried searching for the i18n xml file too, but I couldnt find it, so thats why I wrote back here.
All help will be greatly apreciated.

Windell.

Collapse
16: Re: dotlrn translation (response to 15)
Posted by Jarkko Laine on
Windell,

If you have checked dotLRN and OpenACS out from CVS Head (see https://openacs.org/projects/dotlrn/dotlrn-doc/dotlrn-installation for instructions), you should have a "Change Locale" link at the bottom of dotLRN pages. If not, you probably have dotLRN 1.0.

The "Manage internationalization" link is in the page where you get when you click a particular package name in the APM front page. It's a fairly new addition, I don't seem to have that link in one of my oacs instances which I haven't updated recently.

Remember that the changes you make in the translation server won't get to CVS until someone (=Peter) commits the message catalogs.