Forum OpenACS Development: Re: OpenACS.org Priorities

Collapse
9: Re: OpenACS.org Priorities (response to 1)
Posted by Mark Aufflick on
Maybe we need a few people identified as "openacs.org feature enhancers" - like Don proved and as we all know, small feature improvements are often trivial to add.

The problem as I see it is that there is no official decision about who can make decisions like providing a direct download link. Maybe someone decided once that every download had to be logged to a community member, and adding a direct download link would ruin those stats.

If there was a smallish team who could together make such decisions and act on them I think it wouldn't be a lot of work (I would be happy to be on such a team).

The forums scalability is of course another matter. Do we have any information about where the bottleneck is? I guess the way forward is to replicate openacs.org onto someone's dev box and start testing with the real data set like collaboraid did with the bug tracker recently.

Has anyone done this, or does anyone have rough ideas about where the scalability problem is? I know Lars has suggested we remove the CVS commit forum, but it is not the biggest forum by a long shot, so I don't see that it is the main problem.