Forum OpenACS Development: Re: OpenACS.org Priorities

Collapse
Posted by Mark Aufflick on
ok - it seems there are a number of issues and lots of good and potential solutions to a problem that is *annoying* a lot of people, so let's do something about it!

I suggest the following:

1/ I will write up a page listing the known issues contributing to the performance problems in openacs.org forums and suggested avenues for solution

2/ we can discuss that page via comments, and it can be opened via etp for the people working on the problem

3/ the different problems can be allocated to different people to fix as takes their fancy

4/ when we agree on solutions we can test them on Robert's copy of openacs.org (Is this possible Robert? otherwise I can set up a test server, but it seems a waste to do it all again)

5/ Don (or someone) can vet our solutions and decide which should go into the cvs tree and which might be openacs.org specific fixes (and of course which are too ugly for public consumption at all...)

Collapse
Posted by Robert Locke on
<blockquote> when we agree on solutions we can test them on Robert's
copy of openacs.org (Is this possible Robert?
</blockquote>

But ofcourse!  The machine's at home and I'm behind a semi-unreliable DSL connection, but I'd even be willing to give SSH access as needed.