Forum OpenACS Q&A: Re: Knowledge management package available

Collapse
Posted by Malte Sussdorff on
It is not going to be useful without major work. Anyone that worked on OpenACS since release 4.0b can tell you that a lot has changed since then. And this is the version (Timo, Dirk correct me if I'm wrong) that Sharenet and the knowledge library is based upon.

Changes that have happened since then on the code of Sharenet (as I don't know what changed in the OpenACS tree) I know of are:

- noquote
- no more parties and parties
- changed acs_rels
- new templating system
- many other smaller changes

Therefore you can either use the whole installation that Bertelsmann got (and hope that it works out of the box, but this is something Dirk can comment on), or start migrating all the relevant packages to OpenACS Head (I do suggest Head due to the support of noquote there).

Does this make the contribution less useful? Definitly not. Just be aware of the fact that we are not talking about OpenACS as you know it. And as Timo already mentioned, we are going to work on the migration of the KM Library, it is just a question of time and money (as we'd be financing this out of our own pockets for the moment).

Collapse
Posted by Malte Sussdorff on
Ups. My first sentence is wrong. It should say: "The packages for the KM library are not going to be useful in the current OpenACS versions without major work". Sorry for any confusion this might arise.