Forum OpenACS Development: Safari 3.0 and XinHA

Collapse
Posted by Malte Sussdorff on
Out of curiosity has anyone tried Safari 3.0 with XinHA? Furthermore, does OpenACS have a special "Safari" check or is it able to detect out of the box if a browser can run XinHA or not (and default to the normal textarea in that case).
Collapse
2: Re: Safari 3.0 and XinHA (response to 1)
Posted by Don Baccus on
Safari 3.0 messed up my G4 OS/X 10.4.9 laptop. After installing it, in iChat I frequently had to type "enter" twice after each input for the message to be sent, and frequently had to type "enter" once to receive a message from someone else.

There were other funky issues, as well. That update modifies system libraries, not just Safari.

And after removing Safari 3.0, everything immediately began working normally (in case you wondered).

So I'm waiting until Leopard to switch to 3.0.

Collapse
3: Re: Safari 3.0 and XinHA (response to 1)
Posted by Michael Totschnig on
One of our users accessing our site with safari got an error generated by the safari check in richtext-procs.

The User-Agent string his version of Safari sends is:
"Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US) AppleWebKit/525.13 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/0.2.149.27 Safari/525.13"

The following code seems to look for the string "version", and chokes here, since it is not find. I do not know what would be the best way to fix this.

if {[string first "safari" $user_agent] != -1} {
regexp {version/([0-9]+)[.]} $user_agent _ user_agent_version
if {$user_agent_version < 3} {
set element(htmlarea_p) false
}
}

Collapse
4: Re: Safari 3.0 and XinHA (response to 3)
Posted by Michael Totschnig on
In fact, it is Google Chrome that was sending this User-Agent header.