Forum OpenACS Q&A: Re: Knowledge management package available

Collapse
Posted by Peter Marklund on
I was able to install sharenet on our development box (see http://sharenet.cph02.collaboraid.net/library mailto:admin@collaboraid.net / sharenet) and I uploaded a new version of the distribution in File Storage,
Collapse
Posted by Jarkko Laine on
Very cool, Peter. Is this a complete out-of-the-box installation or did you get the packages installed on top of a plain openacs instance?
Collapse
Posted by Dirk Gomez on
<p>Jarkko - as to the installation: you definitely need to install the process as described in INSTALL. All else: you'll run into unexpected problems.
Collapse
Posted by Jarkko Laine on
Dirk: Yeah, I know Peter is fast but I was wondering (with a considerable doubt :) if he was so fast that he got the thingie openacs-compatible overnight.
Collapse
Posted by Andrei Mitran on
The install instructions require a file called "site-wide-search-setup.sql" which is missing from the distribution. Any chance of making it available?
Collapse
Posted by Dirk Gomez on

Andrei,

Peter cut out a lot of useless packages *and* changed the INSTALL document. Unfortunately he removed some important stuff and put in references to non-existing stuff. Download this version and follow its INSTALL instructions.

Err, another *very* important explanation now missing is how to set up a templating staging server...

Collapse
Posted by Dirk Gomez on

Plus you *must+ create the directories

• /web/<webserverroot>/library-files
  • /web/<webserverroot>/bboard-files
  • /web/<webserverroot>/news-files

... and the monitoring package has disappeared from the tarball.

... and please always check whether pathnames are correct (look up the proper INSTALL doc) - they default to Solaris ! and the pathnames to perl etc there are annoyingly different.

Collapse
Posted by Dirk Gomez on
Needless to say, you also need GnuPlot and GraphViz otherwise the workflow module is not going to work properly.
Collapse
Posted by Andrei Mitran on
Dirk,

Thanks, I'll give it a try. Thanks for the tips in the next messages as well.

Andrei