Forum OpenACS Q&A: Re: openacs.org source, index page examples, and status of current packages

Thanks Peter! Your doc is a great start. Is it the result of the threads a month or so back that were trying to establish package maintainers or is it an independent assessment? I would think it shouldn't take too long posting here to flesh out the details on your doc and perhaps expand it to include compatability with various openacs/db versions, high level explanation of what each package does, links to pages explaining how to implement 'streams' from each package on an index page, and more. If there's nothing like this yet, it might make a good first package for me to create - not too complicated... I'm ok with taking on the responsibility if no-one else has already done so.

As for .LRN - I haven't started digging into that at all yet. Am I incorrect in thinking that you can have openACS or .LRN as the main site but not pieces of both? Is it possible to install openACS and then install .LRN to use some of it's packages or is .LRN more of a unit than a bunch of modules? Guess I should RTFM on this one...