Forum OpenACS Development: Re: Spell checking

Collapse
4: Re: Spell checking (response to 1)
Posted by Ola Hansson on
Hi Steve,

Yes, something like that is the idea. Currently, there's a param in acs-templating where you may set the (default) site-wide spell-check language, but this only works with Aspell (which is much preferred to Ispell anyway, IMHO). In ispell you'll need to manually switch to the proper dictionary if I recall correctly. But (as I suggested to Malte in private) I think it might be wiser to put that parameter under acs-subsite instead in order to get finer-grained control ...

What you're suggesting was just what I had in mind - to put the available languages/dialects in the spellcheck dropdown below "do not spellcheck".

Perhaps the personalisation (with an s and not a z, since I believe I'm talking to an Englishman 😊 of the dictionary setting should wait till the toolkit has adopted a general solution for personal preferences. There's "user-preferences" which may or may not work and which hasn't been ported to PostgreSQL yet ... but I also think Collaboraid has some ideas for a more unified solution to *parameters* in whatever level.

/Ola

Collapse
5: Re: Spell checking (response to 4)
Posted by Steve Manning on
<blockquote>Perhaps the personalisation (with an s and not a z, since I believe I'm talking to an Englishman 😊
</blockquote>

Yup your right but don't tell anyone 'cos  I think we're out numbered these days (or is that dayz) :o)

Steve