Forum OpenACS Q&A: Site wide Search

Collapse
Posted by Lakshmi Siruvuri on
Hi,
I have installed OpenACS4-6-3 on my linux7.3 system. the db i am using is postgres. Like they said in the OpenACS installation I mounted the search package and initialized the OpenFTS search engine. I have created a new package called samplenote which supports OpenFTS and added some records to it. I am not able to search for the content from the search page. Is there anything else that I need to do? I am not very sure about how all this works. Can anyone tell me how the search is done in OpenACS? It would be great if someone could refer me to a document on search in OpenACS.
Thanks,
Ram.
Collapse
2: Re: Site wide Search (response to 1)
Posted by Jade Rubick on
I don't know how to do this either, but I do know that you probably need to learn how to do "service contracts". Look for files that have a -sc in their name (I believe). You might have to look at other packages that have search to figure out how to do this.

I believe that right now, nobody has documented this process. If you are willing to document as you go along, and post some sort of documentation, we would all thank you greatly (myself first of all!) 😊

I do have some documentation on service contracts at http://rubick.com/openacs

However, bear in mind I don't really know much about them. :)

Collapse
3: Re: Site wide Search (response to 1)
Posted by Lakshmi Siruvuri on
Thanks for the information. I am not able to open the site that you mentioned. I think the server might be down. Anyways, I'll work on the service contractors and if everything goes well I can help in documenting it.