Forum OpenACS Q&A: Job Posting: Senior Web Developer at United eWay

We have an opening for Senior Web Developer -- this is a dream job for anybody who loves being personally involved in the full life cycle of web application development.
We are looking for exceptional candidates that want to impact our community through web technology. The Senior Web Developer will wear many hats, being responsible for system architecture, design, implementation, testing, and deployment of new features, performance analysis and optimization, support, and capacity planning. You'll have a lot of freedom and enormous influence in how work is done, you'll see immediate results of your effort, and you'll get to work with an excellent, and small, team.

United eWay, a small, entrepreneurial division of United Way of America, provides several market-leading ASP products to Volunteer Centers, United Ways and Corporations. These organizations use our software to manage their charitable giving and volunteer programs.

The platform you will be working on is built on Oracle 10g, PL/SQL, and AOLServer / Tcl. Candidates familiar with OpenACS will find many architectural similarities, but the platform has many modern constructs adopted from Ruby on Rails and .NET or developed independently. The API is very productive and expressive. Java is used to implement certain components.

Please email me at mailto:jade@volunteersolutions.org for the full job description or more information.

Position is based in New York City, but the position is open to US-based remote candidates.

Collapse
Posted by Jade Rubick on
Hi everyone:

I thought I would link in the actual job description:
https://docs.google.com/Doc?docid=dfh7ww6d_70gdnsjj&hl=en

Collapse
Posted by Jade Rubick on
If you're interested in the position, please respond by Monday, September 17th.

We've made some revisions to the job description to clarify a few questions people have asked.

Also note that if you have a Google account, some people have had to send in requests to view the document. If you are not logged in, that link should be public.