Forum OpenACS Q&A: bug-tracker: submit a bug in somebody else's place

Hello,

sometimes it's necessary for somebody to submit a bug/ticket/issue in place/name of someone else. usually this will be somebody in a supervising role...

currently, this doesn't seem to be built in. am I wrong?

can somebody give me a quick overview of what is required to change the submitter on an existing ticket? I've seen every one has it's creation_user, but probably the submitter is workflow-related...

thanks!
koen.

sorry, I ment "usually this will be done by somebody in a supervising role..."
I'm guessing workflow_case_role_party_map after a quick look. Anywhere else?

kind regards,
koen.

excuse me for the mumbling to myself
OK, I'm learning something here...

* changing a party_id for the submitter role of workflow case from a certain bug in the table workflow_case_role_party_map does allow me to change the Submitter when viewing a bug in detail (with the page called 'bug')
* however, in the list of all bugs (a page called 'index'), the Submitter didn't change. instead, it uses the creation_user column in the bt_bugs table for submitter here

Questions:
* shouldn't the latter submitter (in the index-page) come from the workflow_case_role_party_map too?
* as I understand, bt_bugs/bt_bug_revisions uses the CR. however, the corresponding acs_object (in table acs_objects) already has a creation_user column. is this duplicate storage unnecessary, or am I missing something here?

There's also a btbug_revisions table (mind the missing underscore), could this be a mistake?

greetz,
koen