Forum OpenACS Q&A: Re: Using list-builder and order by

Collapse
Posted by Lars Pind on
Timo,

I assume you're talking about the 'display_template' part.

This is a result of the way that list builder came about. I started development because I thought we had a client, but then it turned out that we did not. So there are features that didn't get implemented yet, and one of them is the ability to set these kinds of things in the ADP file. Check out the spec (the implementation ended up quite different, but the ideas are there):

http://www.collaboraid.biz/developer/list-builder-spec

I don't think that it's terribly bad in this particular situation. It's only one parameter, and you put in something which is explicitly ADP, and which is directly copied into the resulting page template by the rendering procedure.

What ACS 3 did was mix Tcl code with HTML code arbitrarily. This is very controlled, in contrast.

So patience, dear friend. As soon as we can find the money or excuse to fix it, we will :)

/Lars

Collapse
Posted by Timo Hentschel on
Lars, that is really good to know. I can totally relate to start developing things, but halfway through things happen that requires to redirect your focus to other things.

But in the end, we should not get overly used to the default_template part and hope that funding or an excuse for fixing arises soon so that people will not have to dig through too much code once this part is done as you intended to - placing adp where adp belongs.

I sincerely hope that this issue will not be forgotten since I really dislike the idea of mixing tcl and html again (and adp is output-html in the end), although I have to agree that ACS3 had way worse code than this, but still....

Greetings to Kopenhagen from India,
Timo