Forum OpenACS Q&A: Can I use the Survey package to do this?

Hello,

I'm looking for a web app to run a photography voting competition. I found Survey through some googling. I can't find very much documentation or examples so I don't know how flexible this package is. I'll describe what I need and if someone who is familiar with Survey could let me know if it's possible, that would be ace. :)

There are around 15 categories of voting. Users can vote in as few or many categories as they wish. In each category, they can only vote for one image. (I think. these details are not decided yet. maybe it will be approval voting and they can vote for as many as they wish.) There is an option for them to leave a comment on the image they voted for.

Then the voting period is over it should be possible to display the results publicly, i.e. display who voted for what. It's a public vote. This is to help detect voter collusion/fraud. The comments should be collected together somewhere else.

If someone possibly knows of an example of Survey being used like this I'd love to be able to see it in action. :)

thanks!

Collapse
Posted by Brianna Laugher on
also the images in each category should be randomised, so that different voters see the candidates in different orders. to avoid any 'donkey vote' effect.