Forum OpenACS Development: Re: Contacts package status

Collapse
Posted by Eduardo Santos on
Hi everybody,

I'm posting here, but if you guys think it's better I can create another thread. I've installed contacts a long time ago ins hte oacs-5-2 branch but never used it. Right now I'm trying to use it and I'm running on some problems. I realized that it shouldn't work in oacs-5-2, but it installed ok and I'm trying to find out how I can put it to work, even if I have to upgrade some packages.

The module seems to be working, but it's not mounted anywhere. I tried to mount it under the /dotlrn and there where no problems, but I can't find any user in the search. So my first question is: how can I make the package see my dotlrn users?

The dotlrn package is also installed (dotlrn-contacts), but it's not working either. I can't find it when I try to install a new applet in the community (maybe it's missing the add_self_to_page service contract). If it's not working, how can I make it work in the upgrade? Will the upgrade fix it?

My last question is about the organizations module. I couldn't find an organization that I've created in the organizations instance, wich I have mounted somewhere manually. Do I have to mount it in a specific place? How does it work?

I'm sorry if my questions look a little bit dummy, but I couldn't find any documentation about this package.