Forum OpenACS Q&A: Re: Search and OpenFTS

Collapse
2: Re: Search and OpenFTS (response to 1)
Posted by Dave Bauer on
James,

I realize you might be frustrated, OpenACS and OpenFTS unfortunately aren't the easiest software to install.

Please provide some usuable information if you expect to have your questions answered on the forums.

Here are some relevant items:

What version of OpenACS are you using. What version of OpenFTS. What version of Postgresql. Which search_enabled packages do you have installed?

Try these queries in psql and post the exact results.

select count(*) from search_observer_queue;
(if there aren't more than a few rows, go ahead and post the results to
select * from search_observer_queue;

select count(*) from txt;

Browse your site to /acs-service-contract/

Under Installed Bindings paste in any items that are called FtsEngineDriver or FtsContentProvider.

Do the same for Valid Uninstalled Bindings.
Also do the same for Invalid Uninstalled Bindings.

Collapse
3: Re: Search and OpenFTS (response to 2)
Posted by James Bennin on
Thanks for your prompt response. I will try to make my questions not so vague anymore. This the version of postgres and red hat I'm using:

service0=# select version();
                                                 version
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 PostgreSQL 7.2.4 on i686-pc-linux-gnu, compiled by GCC gcc (GCC) 3.2 20020903 (Red Hat Linux 8.0 3.2-7)
(1 row)

I am using OpenACS version 4.6.3. This is the result when I type in the different queries you asked me:

service0=# select count(*) from search_observer_queue;
 count
-------
(1 row)

service0=# select * from search_observer_queue;
 object_id | event_date | event
-----------+------------+-------
(0 rows)

service0=# select count(*) from txt;
 count
-------
(1 row)

From I am seeing and what I read from different forums answers and documentations is that I have not made any object searchable. How do I go about that? What is an object anyways? I know I am asking so many basics questions, please bear with me. Once again, thank you for your help. James PS: I also get this error on my log file. It seems like there is an attempt for a email deliver, but the attempt is failing.
[14/Aug/2003:11:59:24][3379.745483][-sched:8-] Error: ns_sendmail failed: could not connect to "localhost:25"