Forum OpenACS Q&A: Re: Res: RFC: Remake of file-storage

Collapse
Posted by Dario Roig on
Hi Hamilton! We have tested the new interface of files and the contextual aid and seems to us brilliant. The only problem that we have found is that we do not know like donwload or view the files. Are you thinking upload the code in the CVS?

Also we have seen a pair of interesting utilities the bookmarks module and the Profile page. As you obtain that each user has his own blog personal?

Best,
Dario

Collapse
Posted by Hamilton Chua on
Hello Dario,

Try double clicking on the item in the right panel.

If you double click a file it will either download the file if your browser doesn't know how to handle it or open the file.

When a folder is double clicked, it is opened and the tree pane will select the folder you double clicked and reveal its contents on the right panel.

I guess it's not very obvious so I will probably add "Download" when you right click.

Best,

Ham

Collapse
Posted by Brian Fenton on
Hamilton,
wonderful looking work - well done! However, I have the same problem as Dario - I can't download or view the files! Even double-clicking does nothing. I'm running Firefox 2.0 on Windows XP.

thanks
Brian

Collapse
Dario and Brian. Thanks for the feedback.

You're both right it wasn't working on that demo. Seems I disabled it for some reason. It should be working again now 😊

Collapse
Yes each user has his/her own file storage, blog and bookmark.

The bookmark module is something we developed specifically for a client and it was built using the web blogger package. We've added a couple of things including tagging and the ability to keep private or share bookmarks across communities(or groups) that the user is a member of.

Collapse
Posted by Brian Fenton on
Hi Hamilton,

I still can't get it to work! Sorry. 😊

Brian