Forum OpenACS Q&A: Re: File Storage

Collapse
8: Re: File Storage (response to 1)
Posted by Randy O'Meara on
James,

The error is telling you that the publish_url proc is not defined. That proc is contained (ref 4.6 CVS) in the tcl library file packages/file-storage/tcl/file-storage-procs.tcl. So, it looks like the loading of that file at service start time is not successful. I would restart your service and look at the service error log and see if it's being loaded or why the load is failing.

You can ell if a proc is loaded and defined by browsing the TCL API of your running instance by going to /doc and selecting the API Browser. Plug the missing proc into the search box and see what comes up.

You can also check the file-storage package through the package manager. If something is fubar with the tcl library file, you may see an indication in the package manager.

Since you've indicated that file-storage was previously functional and that you were able to execute the basic UI, something probably broke it since your initial install.

You might have to do something drastic (not really all that drastic) like dropping and recreating your db, then restarting your service to perform a fresh install in order to fix this issue.

Randy

Collapse
9: Re: File Storage (response to 8)
Posted by James Bennin on
Thank I think if fixed it. The call was making reference to some function called "publish_url" which was not defined in the file. But there was a proc call "publish_url_to_file_name" instead, so I figure it was that function. So I made the replacement, and the command for archiving is working fine. I do not know if it is bug, or major enough to post it on the bug tracker and the fix for it. Either way, thank you for your help.