Forum .LRN Q&A: Attachments in forums

Collapse
Posted by Amit Kr. Singh on
I am using dotlrn 1.0 tarball on redhat 8.0. I created a new instance of the forums package on the main subsite. Mounted attachments beneath the forums on url attach to support attachments in forums. Added the root folder id of file storage in the attachments_fs_root_folder_map with the package id of forums.

every thing worked seemlesly. Until I repeated the same process again and initiated one more instance of forums. Now registerd members can post messages but cannot attach files. Site admins can still post messages with attachments. The permission error is

" You don't have permission to write Re: testtest.
This incident has been logged. "

The previous instance is working perfectly. The only differnce I can point out is in the permissons of both the instances.
The first instance has two childrens under the permission hierarchy. First being the created forum and other being the attachments mentioned as apm packages.

While in the second instance there is no attachments under the children on the permission page but only the test forum that is created.

How can I make attachments a children on the second instance of frums package ? Or there is another way of enabling the permissions ? Can someone help me with this?

Thanks